The ginger adds a spicy kick to the sweetness of the honey and melon in this easy-drinking cocktail.
- 1½ oz. honeydew melon juice
- 2 oz. Tugwell Creek Solstice Metheglin mead
- 2 tsp. lime juice (roughly ½ lime)
- 1 T honey-ginger syrup (recipe below)
Peel melon and remove seeds. Chop melon in medium pieces and blend on high for 2 minutes. Place in a fine mesh strainer without pushing pulp through, allowing melon to drain on its own (may take 5 to 10 minutes). Reserve juice. Combine all ingredients in a shaker with ice and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Strain into a classic martini glass. Garnish with a melon ball and mint leaf.
Honey-Ginger Syrup. Yield: 4 servings
- ½ cup Tugwell Creek wildflower honey
- ½ cup water
- 2 oz. fresh ginger, peeled and smashed
Combine ingredients, place in a small saucepan, and bring to a quick boil. Remove from heat and allow ginger to steep for 15 to 20 minutes. Strain and reserve syrup.